Rogue Chats Campaign Strategy With Andrew Breitbart
I had the good fortune of picking the brain of the late conservative rabble-rouser extraordinaire Andrew Breitbart on The Dennis Miller Show regarding campaign strategy for the upcoming election season. Specifically, I wanted to know how to target “moderates,” also known as the millions of Americans who have hit the snooze bar and may or may not wake up in time to throw President Obama out of office. The overriding concern is whether or not conservatives can go after the left as hard as it goes after them without being painted as “extremist” and thus turning off moderates. The alternative is a jujitsu maneuver, whereby you let the leftists look like the extremists they are.
On the advice of Breitbart (audio), I have tried to show how the Socratic Method can be used to pivot the conversation onto moderates and place them in the awkward position of having to defend and codify their views, or else appear the fool.
Download the full show of Andrew Breitbart’s guest hosting for Dennis Miller here.
But if you don’t want to strain a brain cell arguing with a mush-minded moderate, one easy way to expose hypocrisy is to point out what Obama has done while in office, and ask the simple question “What if George W. Bush Did This?”
- If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
- If George Bush had slipped up on the campaign trail and claimed that there were 57 states instead of 50, would you have thought he would be the president with the highest IQ in history, as one pundit claimed?
- What if George W. Bush had flown his favorite pizza chef to Crawford from St. Louis?
- If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan’s holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had given the British Prime Minister a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVD’s, when the British PM had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
- If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent “Austrian language,” would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
- If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
- If George W. Bush had misspelled the word ‘advice’ would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and ‘potato’ as proof of what a dunce he is?
- If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?
- If George W. Bush’s administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they really felt and understood what happened on 9-11?
- If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
- If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
- If George W Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush lauded one of the most corrupt political groups in the U.S., Acorn, one that he worked for and tried to funnel billions of dollars to, would you have doubted his integrity?
- If George W. Bush had tried to set up more than three dozen “czars” (unconfirmed officials accountable directly to him), would you not have thought this a terrible executive overreach?
- If George W. Bush had wanted to control over one-seventh of the U.S. economy, would you have supported him?
- If George W. Bush ran on a platform of pulling the troops out of Iraq immediately, and then seven months later there had been very little draw-down?
- And after that, he then called for many more troops to be sent to Afghanistan, a war with no end in sight?
- Then what if he would have declared yet another war, without Congressional approval, in Libya?
So, tell me, what is it about Obama that makes him so different than Bush or any other lying politician? What problem has Obama actually solved while in office? And where exactly is the hope and change?