Democratic strategist James Carville appeared on ABC’s “This Week” and had high praise for up-and-coming GOP Senator Ted Cruz, despite their ideological differences.
Originally posted at IJReview.com.
President Obama gave a commencement address to graduates of Ohio State University, and delivered some memorable political phrases that have little to do with the meager job market they are heading into.
Let’s rebut the sophistry point-by-point:
Independent Journal Review is listed as the 19th ranked conservative website in the United States, according to the monthly report of RedFlagNews.com. It is the first month IJReview.com has been listed.
At the NRA Leadership Forum, Texas Senator Ted Cruz issued a challenge to Vice President Joe Biden to debate the causes of gun violence. The following is from Senator Cruz:
“If Vice President Joe Biden really believes the facts are on his side and this is not simply an exercise in political power by the administration, then I would think he would welcome the opportunity to talk about the sources, the causes of violent crime, who’s carrying it out, and how we could do everything humanly possible to stop it.”
The terror attack on Benghazi, Libya is the story that is not going away. Four American servicemen were inexplicably denied military support on September 11th, 2012 and were killed in a raid on a diplomatic mission.
The career politicians in the Obama administration may think they can continue to distort the record and avoid having to discuss what happened. But the White House made several obvious and intentional attempts at misleading the public, such as:
Citizens are being encouraged to snitch on their “anti-government” neighbors in the sunshine state of Florida, according to an article by the Save America Foundation:
A new $1 million dollar program led by Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw aimed at “violence prevention” is encouraging Floridians to report their neighbors for making hateful comments about the government, a chilling reminder of how dissent is being characterized as an extremist threat.
Obama Campaigns in Mexico: Immigration Reform Provides Citizenship for 11 Million ‘In This Country Illegally’
President Obama let slip some uncharacteristic truth on his recent campaign trip visit to Mexico. Americans are supposed to trust this guy on immigration reform?
The following is a list of the Top 40 Conservative Websites, according to Alexa rankings in the United States over the last three months (full disclosure, I’m currently Assistant Editor at IJReview.com):
- Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/ (44)
- Drudge Report http://drudgereport.com/ (94)
- Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html (99)
- WSJ http://online.wsj.com/home-page (118)
- The Blaze http://www.theblaze.com/ (240)
- NY Post http://www.nypost.com/ (294)
- Breitbart http://www.breitbart.com/ (379)
- The Daily Beast http://www.thedailybeast.com/ (384)
- Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/ (592)
- Daily Caller http://dailycaller.com/ (716)
- ZeroHedge http://www.zerohedge.com/ (728)
- Townhall http://townhall.com/ (898)
- The Hill http://thehill.com/ (982)
- Weekly Standard http://www.weeklystandard.com/ (990)
- RealClearPolitics http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ (1050)
- National Review http://www.nationalreview.com/ (1065)
- Hot Air http://hotair.com/ (1132)
- Independent Journal Review http://www.ijreview.com/ (1183)
- PJ Media http://pjmedia.com/ (1220)
- OC Register http://www.ocregister.com/ (1407)
- Free Republic http://freerepublic.com (1481)
- Washington Examiner http://washingtonexaminer.com/ (1529)
- IBD http://www.investors.com/ (1565)
- Twitchy http://twitchy.com/ (1649)
- Newsbusters http://newsbusters.org/ (1659)
- The Week http://theweek.com/ (1788)
- Rush Limbaugh http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/ (1925)
- American Thinker http://americanthinker.com/ (2473)
- Reason http://reason.com (2,553)
- Western Journalism http://www.westernjournalism.com/ (2918)
- Human Events http://www.humanevents.com/ (2945)
- Free Beacon http://freebeacon.com/ (2976)
- Gateway Pundit http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/ (3037)
- Red State http://www.redstate.com/ (3633)
- Lucianne http://lucianne.com/ (3679)
- Freedom Outpost http://freedomoutpost.com/ (3988)
- Powerline http://www.powerlineblog.com/ (4083)
- Ace of Spades http://ace.mu.nu/ (4225)
- Michelle Malkin http://michellemalkin.com/ (4795)
- Heritage http://www.heritage.org/ (5201)
BSing about Spreecast.
The National Science Foundation issued a grant totaling $880,000 to The University of Iowa (my alma mater) to study… snail porn. Click here to watch the video I made for Independent Journal Review (my prudish Chief Editor Bubba Atkinson wouldn’t let me post the one above).
Last night’s tribute to Andrew Breitbart, one year since his passing:
The following is a list of the Top 50 Conservative Websites in the United States. It is based on Doug Ross’ list of Top 150 Conservative Websites (October 2012) and is cross-referenced with U.S. Alexa rankings, but general interest sites and mainstream sites that only run some conservative opinion have been removed and noted at bottom.
This is kind of an explanation to those who wonder why Rogue Government has been dormant all this time. I’ve been writing for IJReview.com for about a year now (along with Conservative Daily News and American Thinker, also here) and recently became Associate Editor, entailing a lot of writing responsibilities on the site. I don’t think the entire conservatarian blogosphere knows that IJReview.com is out there, but it weighs in at #24 on the list.
- Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/ (37)
- Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html (80)
- Drudge Report http://drudgereport.com/ (92)
- WSJ http://online.wsj.com/home-page (128)
- The Blaze http://www.theblaze.com/ (242)
- NY Post http://www.nypost.com/ (304)
- The Daily Beast http://www.thedailybeast.com/ (357)
- Breitbart http://www.breitbart.com/ (398)
- Weekly Standard http://www.weeklystandard.com/ (505)
- Daily Caller http://dailycaller.com/ (541)
- Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/ (637)
- Townhall http://townhall.com/ (779)
- The Hill http://thehill.com/ (795)
- RealClearPolitics http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ (800)
- ZeroHedge http://www.zerohedge.com/ (930)
- Hot Air http://hotair.com/ (1007)
- Newsbusters http://newsbusters.org/ (1127)
- National Review http://www.nationalreview.com/ (1144)
- Free Republic http://freerepublic.com (1177)
- PJ Media http://pjmedia.com/ (1232)
- Washington Examiner http://washingtonexaminer.com/ (1265)
- OC Register http://www.ocregister.com/ (1330)
- IBD http://www.investors.com/ (1706)
- IJ Review http://www.ijreview.com/ (1802)
- Twitchy http://twitchy.com/ (1911)
- American Thinker http://americanthinker.com/ (1982)
- Rush Limbaugh http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/ (2033)
- The Week http://theweek.com/ (2104)
- Reason http://reason.com (2,343)
- Western Journalism http://www.westernjournalism.com/ (2834)
- Red State http://www.redstate.com/ (3231)
- Human Events http://www.humanevents.com/ (3347)
- Lucianne http://lucianne.com/ (3413)
- Freedom Outpost http://freedomoutpost.com/ (3571)
- Free Beacon http://freebeacon.com/ (3602)
- Gateway Pundit http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/ (3727)
- Powerline http://www.powerlineblog.com/ (4000)
- Ace of Spades http://ace.mu.nu/ (4053)
- Heritage http://www.heritage.org/ (4176)
- Michelle Malkin http://michellemalkin.com/ (4760)
- CFP http://canadafreepress.com/ (5346)
- The Right Scoop http://www.therightscoop.com/ (5718)
- Weasel Zippers http://weaselzippers.us/ (6232)
- LI http://legalinsurrection.com/ (6680)
- White House Dossier http://www.whitehousedossier.com/ (7342)
- WUWT http://wattsupwiththat.com/ (9307)
- Mises http://mises.org/ (9782)
- Mark Levin http://marklevinshow.com/home.asp (9801)
- American Interest http://the-american-interest.com/ (10,782)
- MRC http://www.mrc.org/ (17,319)
a. Telegraph US ranking: 21,487, based in UK
b. USA Today is not “conservative”
c. Bloomberg is not “conservative”
d. Rasmussen Reports: 8,796
e. Jerusalem Post: 2,742
f. Foreign Policy: 3,830
g. Military.com is not a “conservative” website
h. Debka.com is not a “conservative” website
i. Ynetnews.com: 5,578, based in Israel
I was enjoying a lazy Sunday, when a couple of posts popped up on my Facebook. The pro-gun racist racists who want everyone to be murdered by guns have been running horrible stories about victims of gun crime, and then using those stories to try and back their racist cause!
At one point in my life, I was an operator. I was a pork-eating gunslinger who ruled the mountains of eastern Afghanistan. I also used to be a police officer, and an avid competitive shooter in a USPSA league. But I got rid of my guns when I came back from my final deployment and found they had organized into criminal gangs inside my safe. I kicked them all out and haven’t touched a gun since.
So it turned my stomach when I read this story of a Georgia woman who shot a misunderstood, socio-economically disadvantaged, unexpected guest who had opened her door with a crowbar and then chased the woman and her children into their attic. The poor man is expected to survive, but was prevented from re-distributing the woman’s belongings–and possibly her children and her lady parts–to the needy. No one knows why the man, who has been arrested for burglary six times in the past, made his way into her home. I would guess he was just trying to sell crowbars door-to-door, and what better way to show the quality of his wares than to use one to open their door! And though there is no mention of what race the shooter or the victim are, you can rest assured the woman with the .38 caliber revolver is a RACIST! For shame, America! Guns have to go, and they have to go NOW!
As if my day hadn’t delved deep enough into the abyss of gun-violence and racism, another article appeared on my timeline. This time, a racist man in Arizona shot an unexpected guest merely for trying to enter his daughter’s room. The victim was probably just trying to re-distribute the young girl’s lady parts to himself–a needy person. We live in a country where roughly 50% of the population controls 100% of the lady parts. We will have no justice (and no peace) in this country until everyone who wants access to lady parts can get them, and it is the government’s job to see that it happens! In this case, the victim–a hero of the underprivilaged–died of his wounds. Wounds inflicted by a racist with a gun.
Diane Feinstein cannot pass her new firearms ban fast enough. It’s time to end racism, violence, and the hoarding of wealth and lady parts by the 1% and the ~50%.
After much soul-searching and a couple of short chats with the Rogue Operator himself, I have devised a solution to the problem that is the Republican party. I’m leaving, and I encourage you to do the same.
I was a Ron Paul supporter, and caucused for him here in Iowa. Then, when Mittens won the nomination, I held my nose and voted for him because any Republican is better than the clown currently occupying the Oval Office. But since Romney lost handily, I started wondering what my capitulation to the party that reinvented capitulation was getting me. When has any Republican shrank the size of government, or increased individual liberty, or cut the budget? When has any Republican refused to sign a gun ban? The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats are honest with us about what they want–less individual freedom (we are all one, after all), and higher taxes for everyone.
As I get older, I also find myself drifting away from the social conservatives. I’m sorry, Republicans, but I can’t bring myself to hate gays enough to try to keep them from marrying eachother. I also can’t see my way to preventing rape victims from getting an abortion. I have no use for a Christian Taliban.
But people like me who are libertarian in nature were told over and over not to support wild-eyed idealists like Gary Johnson or Ron Paul because we would split the vote and Obama would get another term. And we can’t start a new party because that would also split the vote. And we can’t reform the Republican party because too many people want a huge government, and a Christian Taliban, and wars with every nation on Earth that won’t bend to our will. Like a good little useful idiot, I went along and kept pulling the lever for the “R”.
But now I’m done. The Republican party isn’t dying. It is dead. It’s time to bury it and move on. So I encourage everyone who believes in individual liberty and the constitution to leave the Republican party and never again donate or campaign for them. Ever. Lets see just how much of a minority we really are. If the mainstream, beltway Republicans are correct, then our absence will not even be noticed. If I’m right, then we might just end up with a party that is a viable contender to beat the Democrats. We have nothing to lose, so why not? The Republicans are currently as relevant as disco, and as effective as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest.
I’m saying “so long”, and I hope you will too.
Let’s not overlook that Southern Democrats ran most of those states during the era of slavery and segregation. Now let’s look at the 2012 big board and look at all the counties that went Republican (and many have before President Obama was even a well-known politician):
Give this video seven minutes and then go pull the lever for Obama on November 6th, if you can.